Friday, August 17, 2007

Journal Entry 5

Mrs Henry Lafayette Dubose was a 'troubled' lady, fighting a battle with a morphine addiction. Going on with the previous topic in my journal entry 'walking a mile in somebody else's shoes', I think that Mrs Dubose had a tough time. During this period she may have been grieving and therefore she started on morphine. I personally feel (putting my self in her shoes) I may have approached the situation differently, taking a safer and healthier approach to dealing with my problems. Her morphine addiction did not favour her at all, in fact Jem thought she was a little crazy, though Atticus in a sense stood by her and he could see the fighting courage within. Maybe she was courageous or maybe she wasn't and the end of the day its the reader who can interpret this within the character.

No comments: